[K12OSN] RE: I need a list of good FOSS apps for k12LTSP

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 21:34:18 UTC 2007

hi

On 8/24/07, rmcdaniel at indata.us <rmcdaniel at indata.us> wrote:

> We just run the windows version of FireFox under Wine with the shockwave
> plugin.  Works just fine.

I have been told by the sys admin who is responsible for our Linux lab that
he has gotten shockwave working on our edubuntu server, but my most recent
test was not successful.  I'm assuming that it is operator error on my part,
as I am a relatively simple end user, and prone to that kind of thing
(heh).  I have been able to get FF for Windows (FF 4 win) working on a
PClinuxOS box, but not shockwave.  I am confident that we will resolve this
issue, and I anticipate documenting the solution somewhere.  I will ping
this list when we get it working.