[K12OSN] System-Auth/Kerberos

Mel Wade mel at melwade.com
Mon Dec 10 23:07:49 UTC 2007

I've setup an alternative authentication system (Centrify).  That works
great with AD.  But now, for some reason I can't login with local users
(including root).  I'm getting a krb5 error:

Nov 29 10:06:54 library gdm[32097]: pam_krb5[32097]: authentication fails
for 'lois' ( lois at UCASTUDENT.NET): User not known to the underlying
authentication module (Client not found in Kerberos database)
Nov 29 10:06:56 library gdm[32097]: Couldn't authenticate user
Nov 29 10:07:04 library gdm[32097]: pam_krb5[32097]: authentication fails
for 'lois' (lois at UCASTUDENT.NET): User not known to the underlying
authentication module (Client not found in Kerberos database)
Nov 29 10:07:07 library gdm[32097]: Couldn't authenticate user

I'm thinking its because of some of the tinkering I've done with the
system-auth when setting up the previous ldap integration.  Does this sound
right.

Can someone send me a sample of what the system-auth sould look like on a
default install?  I can't post mine as the only admin type access I have is
with linux rescue.

--
Mel Wade
"The real problem is not whether machines think but whether men do." - BF