[K12OSN] Low-Cost Multi-point Interactive Whiteboards Using the Wiimote

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Tue Dec 18 15:37:23 UTC 2007

>My niece just sent me a link to this YouTube video of Johnny Lee of
>Carnegie Mellon demonstrating how to make a fairly cheap white board
>using a Wii remote and a standard projector.  I have no idea if his
>software would work on Linux (his demos look like Windows) but he might
>be willing to work with the community on porting them.
>
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s5EvhHy7eQ
>
>His web site is http://johnnylee.net and his blog is
>http://procrastineering.blogspot.com/

I emailed Johnny Lee about a Linux port and here is his response.

-----------------------------------
Hi Jim,

A linux port is definitely possible, but mostly likely not by me as I am not at all
familiar with Linux development.  I'll put out a request for linux developers to make a
port, but that is all I can do.  It's a very small program.  So, it would take a
competent linux developer 1 day to make.

-johnny

So he is at least open to distributing his source, and has no problem with any Linux
developer helping out.  If anyone thinks they might be able to take this on you can
download the code here http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~johnny/projects/wii/ and if there are any
questions (no documentation I guess with the code) contact Johnny at johnny at cs.cmu.edu.

Jim