Re: [K12OSN] OT- wine and user accounts

So I take it you are generally running programs don't need to save any
settings in that student_wine folder?

thanks,
Peter

On 2/2/07, Martin Woolley <sysadmin handsworth bham sch uk> wrote:
On Thursday 01 February 2007 20:03, rmcdaniel indata us wrote:
> We are running WINE on our K12LTSP server so that we can serve up some
> applications that only run on Windows.  When I install an application,
> it only shows up for the user account where the installation took
> place.  Is there a way to install an application under WINE that will
> show up for all users?

We achieve this by cheating.  On NFS we have a directory student_wine.  Each
user has a symbolic link .wine in their home dir which points to the
student_wine dir.  Any apps show up for any user, eg to run one application,
the KDE menu item contains
Exec=wine /home/MAUD/ooo/student_wine/drive_c/Program\\
Files/Focus-ES/KS3Physics/KS3P.exe

--
Regards
Martin Woolley

to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error please notify postmaster bgfl org

The views expressed within this email are those of the
individual, and not necessarily those of the organisation