[K12OSN] RE: multi-server/single source authenticaton

Burroughs, Henry HBurroughs at HHPREP.ORG
Fri Feb 2 14:32:00 UTC 2007

John,

Here's the link to the howto describing IDMAP_RID , which gives the
predictable mapping for Winbind.

http://us4.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/idmapper.html
#id339794

I looked at the changelog for that version of samba, and  I "think" it
is enabled in that build... so all you have to do is use the example
samba config file to setup the winbind idmap backend correctly.

Good luck!

Henry Burroughs

Technology Director

Hilton Head Preparatory School