[K12OSN] Problem with student logins

I've setup a k12ltsp box and I've almost got it working authenticating against our existing OpenLDAP server.

If I do a getent passwd from the server I get all our users but if I try to login at the k12ltsp screen it appears to login but then boots you straight out.

If I login at a CLI I can login but get this error message

id: cannot find name for user ID 4492

you can't access anything in the the users home directory.

Any ideas how to fix this ?

Brian
Portsmouth College

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily the views of Portsmouth College