Re: [K12OSN] Discussion on sound (not meant as a rant)

Shoot, meant K12LTSP version in the first line.

On 2/5/07, David Hopkins <dahopkins429 gmail com> wrote:
Barry,

I am using the Firefox version that was released last August.  I try to update during the summer for the servers.  I did install Firefox 2.0 over Christmas break since 1.5 was crushing the servers (very resource intensive).  2.0 is much less so though still heavier than Mozilla ever was.  I will try the other suggestions later this week (hopefully tomorrow night) and post back results.  The plug-in doesn't work correctly though, of that I am certain having spent a few hours yesterday with it.  And the gui just hangs on any video which is strange, even when launched via

mplayer -gui some_video_file

It starts to play the video, and hangs.  mplayer some_video_file works without issues.   There are about a zillion options for mplayer, so perhaps some combination will work.  I do notice during the manual compile/build that there are numerous warnings from the gcc compiler about pointers and such.  I have the latest versions of gcc (and associated libraries).

Thanks for all of your efforts.