Re: [K12OSN] Strategies for Dual-booting thin clients

Robert Arkiletian wrote:
On 2/5/07, Sudev Barar <sbarar gmail com> wrote:
On 06/02/07, Carl Keil <carl snarlnet com> wrote:
>  The other thing I was wondering is if the above isn't possible, can I
> get some sort of small, silent solid state "hard drive" that I'd put in
> my thin clients.  Then I could boot some sort of boot loader on that
> that would let me boot local (minimyth) or network K12LTSP.  If this
> strikes people as the best option where could I get those "hard drives"
> and how do I figure out how to create that boot menu?

puppy linux?

Slax

If the clients can boot from CD, how about the Knoppmyth iso that you can boot with the 'frontend' option?

But, if you are going to have a local install, why not let it run all the time and run nx or xnest or 'X -query server' when you want to be a thin client?

--
  Les Mikesell
   les futuresource com