[K12OSN] OT- wine and user accounts

Hi Ron,,,again,,,

 Ask and ye shall receive,,:) I found on an Ubuntu forum the following.
Install all your Windows apps under wine as a user. Dont make any diff
who the user is. Once you have them all installed,log into the server as
root via VNC or console. Make a folder called  /wine. Make sure all your
hidden folders are showing. Now, copy everything under the users
homefolder/.wine that you installed the windows apps under. Make sure you
select All the sub folders under user/home/.wine to > /wine. Should be
./wine/dosdevices /drive_c & three .reg files >to /wine. Now you can make
a launcher as root and drag to "everyone gets the launcher" on the roots
desktop or make a launcher for just a few users,by username.
I DID try this and it does work .Make sure in the wine(newfolder)
subfolders everything is
chmod -c -R 755 /wine/
This will give you Windows apps system wide and makes all the Winders
users happy!
Hope thus helps.

Take care,
Barry Cisna