[K12OSN] Huge security issue

Daniel Kuecker kueckerd at shenandoah.k12.ia.us
Fri Feb 9 16:38:35 UTC 2007

Hello World!

Just when I thought I had everything going good. I have a huge security
issue. I just noticed that i can log into my thin clients with user root
and any password.
actually, i can log in as any valid user with any password from GDM. IF
I try to do they same with ssh, it will only allow the correct password.
I have it setup to auth against ADS. I have two thin clients setup, and
both are allowing this. Does anyone have any suggestions? I need to
resolve this before any students figure it out and have root
access.....

Thanks
Daniel