Re: [K12OSN] Crazy Spam in my yum update

Carl Keil wrote:

    Does anyone have any idea why I'm getting this when I run 'yum
    update'? Both my k12ltsp boxes are doing it. And what can/should I
    do about it? Yum is wonderful, mysterious and terrifying to me.
    What follows is approximately one quarter (hopefully
    representative) of the output I get when I run 'yum update' from
    the command line.

<snip>
Looks like /var/cache/yum/macromedia/repomd.xml got corrupted somehow. Have you tried running 'yum clean all' and trying again?

Nils Breunese.

Yes, I should have mentioned that I did a 'yum clean all' before the 'yum update'. I still got the same thing afterwards. The file /var/cache/yum/macromedia/repomd.xml is full of weird spammy nonsense. Is it safe to just delete that file?

ck