[K12OSN] RAID let me down...

I had one of my hard drives fail in a hardware RAID5 array this morning. Along with the drive failure, I have thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands of file corruptions, missing inodes, etc, etc. I've been fscking all morning. So much for fault tolerance.

My question to the list, is should I switch to a software based array? I use software RAID5 at home, and apart from figuring out *which* drive is "drive 4", I've been able to replace a bad drive without any real headaches.

Any suggestions on what I should do next? Apart from quitting my job and applying at McDonalds...

-Shawn
--
Shawn Powers
Technology Director