Re: [K12OSN] ldap will not start on server

Have you tried this

http://www.vcsvikings.org/docuwiki/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/DisasterRecovery

Brian

David Hopkins wrote:
I go on vacation, so of course the server has problems :)

The linux server used for ldap authentication crashed yesterday. Now, ldap will not start successfully. This means that samba will not start and that means users can' t log onto the windows servers.. Also, I have a slave ldap server running and we are currently authenticating against that server for the linux logins. However, my windows terminal servers want to use the main authentication server.

So, I had the tech coordinator try running the following.

sladp_db_recover -v -h /var/lib/ldap

but this does not correct the issue since then running

/etc/init.d/ldap start will not start ldap. It returns a message that slapd failed to start.

The tech director is now trying:

slapd_db_recover -v -h /var/lib/ldap
chown -R ldap.ldap /var/lib/ldap
/etc/init.d/ldap start

but I am not overly optimistic.  So, the question:

Can I just delete all of the db.001, db.0002, etc files and have slapd rebuild them without losing the database? Then, I can run the above commands again? Finally, there is a replog.lck file which I had him delete (it was size zero), but this had not effect on ldap starting.

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins