Re: [K12OSN] yum update fails

Thanks for that. I notice my K12LTSP 5 (FC5) server is now having the same problem. Using the exclude command works, but why is this problem arising now? Was the K12LTSP repo previously in sync with the Extras repo, but is no longer?

Petre

wilson wilsonch gotdns com wrote:
Just disable the icewm package in yum for the Extra's repo. Goto your
/etc/yum.repos.d/ and edit the Extra's repo file and add the exclude
command. :)

exclude=icewm

Wilson

More info: It appears to be a conflict between the k12lstp repo and the
extras repo.  K12ltsp uses icewm-* version 1.2.28, which is what is
installed; and the extras repo has icewm-* version 1.2.30.  I disabled
the extras repo (yes, there's a way to do it on the commandline passed
to yum, but I can never remember the syntax) and then 'yum update' ran
fine.  But I'd rather not have to turn off the extras repo whenever I do
an update.  Is this normal?

Petre

Petre Scheie wrote:
Just installed k12lstp 6, and am trying to run yum update.  It fails
with this error:

--> Processing Dependency: icewm = 1.2.28 for package: icewm-l10n
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: icewm = 1.2.28 is needed by package
icewm-l10n

But icewm is installed (by default):

# rpm -qa |grep ice
icewm-menu-gnome2-1.2.28-1.k12ltsp.6.0.0
icewm-1.2.28-1.k12ltsp.6.0.0
icewm-themes-1.2.28-1.k12ltsp.6.0.0
icewm-l10n-1.2.28-1.k12ltsp.6.0.0

I deleted the /var/lib/rpm/__db* files and ran 'rpm --rebuilddb', but it
made no difference.  Any suggestions?

Petre