[K12OSN] hanging at system message bus FIXED

I have absolutely no idea what occurred...

finally I resorted to 'upgrading' from the installation DVD...
it left everything unharmed and I was able to boot, restart all services and voila...magically all worked

I'll know for sure tomorrow when the kids come back to school =)

--Huck