Re: [K12OSN] hanging at system message bus FIXED

Huck wrote:
I have absolutely no idea what occurred...

finally I resorted to 'upgrading' from the installation DVD...
it left everything unharmed and I was able to boot, restart all services and voila...magically all worked

I'll know for sure tomorrow when the kids come back to school =)

--Huck
I had a similar problem. When they altered the BaseDN in Ldap, a couple of the servers refused to boot. Going single user mode and altering /etc/ldap.conf to match the new server settings allowed it to boot.
Possibly the nssswitch.conf had 'ldap' in the wrong place.

Roger