Subject: [K12OSN] Booting older thin clients
From: Michael Blinn <mblinn peopleplaces org>
Date: Tue, February 20, 2007 11:04 am
To: "Support list for open source software in schools."
<k12osn redhat com>

Hi - I would like to use a boatload of older pentium machines as k12ltsp
thin clients. Most are Pentium-MMX computers, though a few might be
PIIs. I don't think their BIOSs have a 'Boot from network' setting; nor,
at this point, do they have netboot-capable NICs in them. What steps
should I follow to set these up as clients? I'd like to batch-order NICs
and BIOSs (if necessary) so I'm dealing with all similar hardware. Any
suggestions? I'd love to not use floppies and just have them turn on and
go. I'm fairly new to this so please bear with me.. so far with this new
server I've only booted an AMD K2 w/ a 3c905tx using a floppy created
from rom-o-matic.

Thanks,
  Michael Blinn

--

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This message, and any attachments that may accompany it, contain information that is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the recipient of this message is not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or other use of this communication or any of the information, which it contains is unauthorized and prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the original sender by return mail and delete this message, along with any attachments, from your computer. Thank you.