[K12OSN] OOo not defaulting to MS formats in version 6

I just noticed that OOo is not defaulting to MS formats--.doc, .xls, .ppt--when saving documents. I see the /opt/ltsp/templates/k12linux/openoffice-ms-format-defaults.sh file, and I ran it as root, but it didn't change anything for existing users (didn't try creating a new user afterward). Didn't there use to be an icon on root's desktop for running this? Or was it run by default during installation? Should the script still work?

Petre