Re: [K12OSN] Flash 9 and K12LTSP...what am I missing?

David Trask wrote:
Hi all,

I'm doing a workshop at a school where they have installed K12LTSP 6 and
are trying to get Flash 9 working.  When I installed the flash-plugin from
yum...version 9 is what came through.  Sound is working on everything at
this point using Gideon Romms package....at this point Flash is simply not
working (at all).  I'm wondering if there is a file that needs to be
copied somewhere or a symlink needs to be made.   Any ideas?

Flash is not working at all, or just no sound in flash?

For sound support make sure you have the libflashsupport package installed, it is not installed by default:

	yum install libflashsupport

If flash is not working at all, only two things come to mind:

1) is this a 64bit install with a 64bit firefox? If yes, install the 32bit firefox:

	rpm -e firefox.x86_64
	yum install firefox.i386

2) try removing the flash package and install it again:

	rpm -e flash-plugin
	yum install flash-plugin

-Eric