Re: [K12OSN] verynice keeps growing

Robert Arkiletian wrote:
On k12ltsp 4.3EL after about 43 days uptime top reports my verynice
process as consuming 217M of memory. Does anyone else notice this? Do
I really need verynice?

Verynice is supposed to help with run-away processes. If you don't have a problem with run-away processes, you can turn it off:

	service verynice.init stop
	chkconfig verynice.init off

I recently had verynice chewing up a lot of ram on my server as well. I restarted it and the memory freed up. I have not had a chance to take a look at it.

-Eric