Re: [K12OSN] OT: A good network inventory program here

Barry Cisna wrote:

Just thought this may be of use to someone out there that operates in
a mixed OS network. We have been using OCS Inventory NG for a couple
months now. It has worked out very well for inventory data for fat
clients on the network.

<snip>

This is available for winders,and Linux OS's. I dont believe there is a
MAC client for this?

From the http://ocsinventory.sourceforge.net/ frontpage:

    Inventoried client computers can run
    - Microsoft Windows 95/98/Me/NT4/2000/XP/2003/Vista,
    - Linux,
    - *BSD,
    - Mac OS X,
    - Sun Solaris,
    - and IBM AIX
    - and HP-UX.

I'm actually in the process of implementing OCS Inventory NG myself right now.

Nils Breunese.