[K12OSN] USB and Floppy support not working

Calvin Park linuxsys at davisny.edu
Mon Feb 26 13:26:07 UTC 2007

Sorry, this is actually the second time I sent this. I realized before that I sent it from an address that wasn't a member of the list, so it's probably waiting for moderation. So I thought I'd go ahead and send this on through.

-------

Hi all,

We’ve been having a bit of a problem
with out K12LTSP setup here. Back in late January local device support
just…stopped working. I vaguely remember that this was after a bunch of updates,
but I’m not 100% sure. I know, that’s not really helpful. Anyway, when you
insert a USB stick the folder icon appears on the user’s desktop but no files
are listed when the user double clicks the folder. In going through some of the
archives I was thinking this had to do with ltspfs-insecure. I’ve
started/restarted it multiple times with no luck. I also read a bit about the
fuse group. I was prepared to add all users to that group, but we authenticate
against an ADS and I’m not really clear on how to map windows groups to unix
groups. I thought I had figured it out after diving into the samba documentation
but to no avail. So, my question…

Should I try to reinstall the ltspfs
package, could it be possible that ltspfs-insecure is broken on our
system?

OR

Should I just bit the bullet and try
to figure out how to map a windows group to the unix group fuse in order to get
things working again (and if so, could someone point me in the right
direction)?

OR

Am I headed in the opposite
direction of what I should be looking into, in other words – does it have
nothing to do with permissions and whatnot and some small setting in a conf file
somewhere just needs changed?

Thanks in
advance!

-Calvin