[K12OSN] Building a new school- need input

Hello all,
My district is in the process of planning a new high school, and I'm pitching the idea of putting 25 computers (thin clients) in each classroom. We're looking at using a desk in which the monitor and keyboard hide away when not in use so that the student has the full workspace when not using the computer, but has nearly instant access to a terminal when necessary. Naturally the question that I'm being asked repeatedly is, "Who else is doing this?" So, I put that question to the group. Do any of you have such a room, or do any of your schools have a 1:1 desktop initiative like I'm proposing? If so, what are the good and bad points? I welcome any feedback. Thanks in advance.

Mark Cockrell
Technology Coordinator
Honey Grove I.S.D.