Re: [K12OSN] Virtual Machine Advice

Tim Born wrote:

Mark Goodridge wrote:

Good Afternoon List,
Would any of you care to pass on your opinions or experiences with any Virtual Machine software? I'm going to be doing some experiments with various operating systems and I thought I'd try that route.

Thanks

I keep trying to make Xen work, but it's been problematic for me so far. I even went and got one of the new chips with the VT instructions in it so I could (theoretically) run Xen with an unmodified OS. So far I'm still trying ...

I also never got Xen to work. VMware Server and OpenVZ both were very easy. Apparently KVM (available in the Linux 2.6.20 kernel) is seen as the future (you need a VT/SVM capable processor though).

Nils Breunese.