From: Petre Scheie [mailto:petre maltzen net] Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 3:03 PM
To: Support list for open source software in schools.
Subject: Re: [K12OSN] USB and Floppy support not working

What is in your /etc/hosts file? The hostname command should return something like ws001 or similar, which should be found in /etc/hosts.

Petre

Calvin Park wrote:
Petre,

Thanks for the link. I've gone through the twelve steps and it looks like step 4 (Does your workstation know its name) is the issue. When I enter hostname I receive "(none)" as the response. I checked the various /etc/dhcpd.* files, and all seems to be as it should. :-/
Anyone have any further ideas?

-Calvin