RE: [K12OSN] Centos?

Rob Owens wrote:

>> > 4)  Has anyone got this running under Centos or other
>> > longer-service-life distro?  If this takes off I would
>> > prefer not to have to upgrade every 6 months or so.
>>
>> There is a version of K12LTSP based on CentOS.  It has an
>> "EL" suffix to the version name/number.  Look here:
>> ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/4.2.3EL-32bit/iso

What is the prognosis for K12LTSP 4.2.4EL?  It is still in the testing
directory but the files haven't been changed since September.  Will it
be finished or will it languish and be replaced by the CentOS 5 version?

Which of these options would you recommend?
* Use 4.2.3EL which is a bit older but stable and supported
* Use 4.2.4EL which is newer but not fully debugged
* Wait for RHEL5 and then CentOS 5 and then a K12 version

--
Henry