[K12OSN] smbldap on K12LTSP-6 errors

Krsnendu dasa krsnendu108 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 1 01:33:57 UTC 2007

Problem solved-packages not installed stated as installed on installation
screen
I decided to reinstall the whole system. This time when I installed smbldap
I looked in the install log. On the screen during installation it said all
necessary packages had been installed, but looking in the log file I found
that it had tried to install the packages from the local rpm files but a key
was missing and they were not installed. I took the list of packages from
the log file and did yum install for each of them. Worked fine for all of
them except one something-BER having installed all these packages I ran the
installation again and it recognized that all the packages were installed.
The rest of the install went fine.

I recommend setting up a FC6 (K12LTSP-6) option in the initial menu and
using yum to install all the packages that are not installed. I think all
the packages come from extras repository. This might also work for FC5.