[K12OSN] needed: recommendations for Linux flavor with ongoing support

Jim McQuillan jam at mcquil.com
Tue Jan 2 23:45:55 UTC 2007

Rob,

That's an excellent question.  Unfortunately, I don't have the answer
either.

It gets especially muddy, when your server is an LTSP server, serving
desktops to thin clients.

I think what you'll find is that server-type things, like the kernels,
apache, samba, postgres and others will have security updates for 5
years.  But, desktop things, like Gnome Firefox will only have updates
for 3.

Jim.