[K12OSN] [Fwd: Fedora 7]

Luis Montes luis.montes at cox.net
Fri Jan 5 14:10:12 UTC 2007

Interesting.

I think it's a mistake for Fedora to not include KDE in the main
distribution. Gnome & KDE both been able to easily fit on the DVD image.

I've been a fedora/redhat user since redhat 5.1, but this move makes
kubuntu look a little more attractive.  Sure, someone will spin a fedora
KDE ISO, but ubuntu already has a KDE community with kubuntu.

After reading the full thread on the fedora list it appears that a few
others agree this is a bad idea, but the powers that be are pretty much
interested in keeping it "Gnome centric"

Luis