[K12OSN] Email Server Major Slowdown

John Lucas mrjohnlucas at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 02:24:34 UTC 2007

The anti-virus scanner probably uses temp files to conduct it's scans. If you
have a rash of messages with attachements that are scanned, the disk will
show increased activity. Checking your process table with "top" will show you
what process is taking CPU (and or RAM), but you might want to monitor
your /var/log/maillog file (tail -f /var/log/maillog) and watch what postfix
is doing in real time.