[K12OSN] Ability to edit pdf's

Nils Breunese nils at breun.nl
Mon Jan 15 20:43:04 UTC 2007

Huck wrote:

> Yes, you can fill out the form, but you can not subsequently save
> it...and when talking about a 150 page school evaluation
> document...egads! ;)

Seems like the creator of the document has not enabled saving. From
the Adobe Reader FAQ (http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/
acrrfaq.html):

----

Q. Can I add comments to a PDF file with Adobe Reader?

A. PDF authors using Adobe LiveCycle™ enterprise server and design
software can activate special features in their documents that
provide additional functionality. These enabled Adobe PDF files allow
people with Adobe Reader to save the file to a local hard drive, fill
out forms, add comments and other markups, share it with others, and
submit a completed document electronically. In addition, Adobe PDF
files can be enabled to allow people to digitally sign, certify, and
authenticate a document.

----

Nils Breunese.