[K12OSN] Web based Student Information Systems?

rmcdaniel at indata.us rmcdaniel at indata.us
Tue Jan 16 03:03:13 UTC 2007

We couldn't be so lucky.  Our State is determined to continue using STI.
 I think that we are the only ones to use it State wide.  We replicate
the data to the State level.  The IT staff at the State can see our
data at any given time.  I just returned from the STI user's
conference.  All they kept talking about is their new web  based
application called Information Now.  After supporting the old POC,
piece of crap, for the last 8 years, I am doubtful that they are
capable of producing anything worth while.  During the conference I
asked a couple of questions about the new software:

1.) Does the web server have to be IIS?  Yes, STI is soooooo Microsoft
centric that it is disgusting.

2.) Does the new system use AJAX to prevent complete screen updates?
Huh, what's AJAX...

Oh boy, another fine product in the works!

Just my two frustrated cents;)

Ronald R. McDaniel
Conecuh County Schools
(251) 578-1752 x30