[K12OSN] Frameworks for Web based Student Information Systems

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 17:45:49 UTC 2007

Not sure how many developers are on this list but here goes.

What types of frameworks would be best suited for developing a full
featured large scale (district level) Student Information System?

The ones which I know exist are
J2EE
JBoss
Zope (Python)
Django (Python)
Ruby on Rails
PHP

I'm assuming the database backend would be PostgreSQL, MySQL or Oracle.

The real question is if one (or more) district(s) was to hire a team
of developers to write a GPLed SIS, how long would this take and cost?
(Approx.)

I realize this is probably not the best place to ask this question.
Where should this question be asked?
--
Robert Arkiletian