[K12OSN] for those would like to try flash player9 -plugin

Dan Young dyoung at mesd.k12.or.us
Tue Jan 16 18:22:08 UTC 2007

Barry Cisna wrote:
>   Thanks for the heads up!  I have posted the same information to the
> K12LTSP wiki. I could not upload the tar.gz to the wiki. I get the
> following error.
> The upload directory (/var/www/mediawiki/images) is not writable by the
> webserver.

I've fixed the images upload directory. It's not really an appropriate
place for hosting any binaries. Please don't put it on the wiki.

Read the terms regarding Adobe Flash Player redistribution:
http://www.adobe.com/licensing/distribution/

You may not redistribute via the web:
http://www.adobe.com/licensing/distribution/faq/#item-1-5

You may not modify the installer:
http://www.adobe.com/licensing/distribution/faq/#item-1-11

Right now, the only legal way to distribute Flash for Linux is either
getting it from Adobe's website or Warren Togami's RPM:
http://macromedia.mplug.org/

He got a special dispensation from Adobe (then Macromedia) to package
Flash. They will not allow him to distribute a packaged version 9 until
it is out of beta.

--
Dan Young <dyoung at mesd.k12.or.us>
Multnomah ESD - Technology Services