[K12OSN] for those would like to try flash player9 -plugin

Nils Breunese nils at breun.nl
Fri Jan 19 16:44:31 UTC 2007

Dan Young wrote:

> Petre Scheie wrote:
>> I've tried this on two servers now, and in both cases it broke
>> Flash sound, so I advise people to be cautious in upgrading.
>
> I think this is related to the move to ALSA-only sound in Flash 9.

I'm also pretty certain all people that don't have working sound have
non-working sound because they used things like ESD and OSS and now
the flash-plugin only works with ALSA. ALSA is a superior solution,
but I imagine that some things need to be changed before it works on
a system that didn't use ALSA before. Alas, I don't have a K12LTSP
server at the moment so I can't really try out anything.

Nils Breunese.