[K12OSN] Browser Sound w/ K12LTSP

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Wed Jan 24 19:52:44 UTC 2007

Sound mostly works within Firefox.  Flash is commonly used, so getting that working will
cover many of the sites.  See these wiki pages for help on getting sound & flash working:

http://k12ltsp.org/mediawiki/index.php/WorkstationSound
http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/SoundCards
http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/WorkInProgress#esd_ALSA_sound_on_LTSP_4_2

Also, see the recent messages about getting Flash 9 working with k12ltsp.

Non-Flash video is a little more trouble; you have to install other codecs.  If you
enable the livna and freshrpms repos in /etc/yum.repos.d, it will make installing these
other codecs much easier since they can be installed via yum.

Petre