[K12OSN] OT - how to accomodate or fight Motorola Q phones

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 27 00:03:51 UTC 2007

You might want to point out to everybody (including
management) how much it will cost to provide Outlook
to these
people.  That could put the squash on it right away.

At my company, an employee made a database in MS
Access for use by various departments in the company.
He was
shocked when I told him that it was going to cost
~$400 for each person who wanted to connect to his
database.  He
and I are now studying up on MySQL...

-Rob

On Fri, Jan 26, 2007 at 03:57:42PM -0500, Julius
Szelagiewicz wrote:
> Dear Folks,
> 	a number of people in my company decided that a toy
is what they
> need. The toy of choice is Motorola Q cellphone. The
problem for me is
> that it requires Outlook. The draw here is the
automatic wireless sync of
> the phone and computer Outlook folders. This means
that not only I can't
> put those people on Linux terminals, but that I have
to actually "bless"
> the use of Outlook. The horror of it! Any advice
will be appreciated