[K12OSN] server hardware advice

Sudev Barar sbarar at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 01:53:59 UTC 2007

On 29/01/07, Fabio Milano <milanofabio at gmail.com> wrote:
> For 75 thin clients, I would definitly recommend a 2 cpu dual core
> system, and about 8G of RAM (100mb per client), and SCSI HD's. If
> budget is a concern I would use SCSI HD's for the OS and SATAII for
> the /home directory.

IMHO Should this not be other way around? SCSI for /home and SATA for /
Since it is the home directory that is going to be doing read write
operations as that is where user data is this needs to be fast. SATA
would server well for fast reads and that is why "system" directories
can be on SATA.
Ideally I would also put on SCSI (and any other tree path where data
writes are going to take place)

--
Regards,
Sudev Barar