[K12OSN] Networking a new school for K12LTSP?

Julius Szelagiewicz julius at turtle.com
Wed Jan 31 02:01:46 UTC 2007

bad idea. to compute the size of the grounding cable (or size of conduit
if you want to use that instead) assume 250 million volt hit coming from a
lightning striking one of the buildings. ground the buildings correctly
and separately, put a lot of dielectric between them (fiber). you'll be
much happier after the first thunderstorm. grounding is way more complex
than it seems at first look.
julius