Re: [K12OSN] AD Integration: Not able to login with domain account

To allow root logins with kdm edit this file:
/etc/X11/xdm/kdmrc

Look for:
AllowRootLogin=true

It may be in there twice...

;-) Paul

On 7/3/07, Amy Contreras <acontreras walkerville k12 mi us> wrote:

I've installed K12LTSP 5 and I am currently trying to integrate Active
Directory.  For the most part I've been following the K12LTSP Wiki on
ADIntigration
http://www.k12ltsp.org/mediawiki/index.php/Technical:ADIntegration.
 I was able to join the domain successfully and then made the necessary
changes to allow domain account users to login.  Afterward I was not able to
successfully login with the user accounts that I tried.  I did set the
default domain and restarted winbind.  I tried to test several accounts by
using the # su - "user" command and it appeared to acknowledge the user
accounts but didn't like the passwords.  Now this is where I get myself in
real trouble.  I seen that someone else got it working properly by changing
the default login manager from GDM to KDM by editing /etc/sysconfig/desktop
and adding DISPLAYMANAGER="KDE".  Big mistake.  Now I'm basically stuck
because I'm not able to login as root and when I login with my local account
I'm not able to make any changes because I somehow lack the proper
permissions.  I tried using sudo to access the desktop file among others but
that didn't work either.  I've done a google search and searched the
archives but haven't found anything yet.  Please help!

Amy Contreras