[K12OSN] Re: SMBLDAP change my own password script

On 04/07/07, Krsnendu dasa <krsnendu108 gmail com> wrote:
I have an idea for a script for users to be able to change their own passwords in the smbldap setup.
Would it work?

Create a script with execute only permission for everyone except root.
The script would have one main line:
sudo smbldap-passwd <name of user>

Create a menu launcher for the script and put it under System, Settings, ChangeMyPassword

I imagine it like this.
A user clicks on the menu item. A window pops up asking for the password for <name of user>. Then it asks for the new password twice. Then the window closes.

How would I automatically get the name of the currently logged in user?

$USERNAME

I found the answer to my own question.