[K12OSN] RE: K12OSN AD Integration:

Thanks Ray!  I was able to get in by using ssh as root and was able to
make the adjustments I needed to.  I apologize for not thinking of that
myself.  I'm still rather new to K12LTSP.

Amy

> I've installed K12LTSP 5 and I am currently trying to integrate Active

> Directory.  For the most part I've been following the K12LTSP Wiki on
> ADIntigration
> http://www.k12ltsp.org/mediawiki/index.php/Technical:ADIntegration.  I

> was able to join the domain successfully and then made the necessary
> changes to allow domain account users to login.  Afterward I was not
> able to successfully login with the user accounts that I tried.  I did

> set the default domain and restarted winbind.  I tried to test several

> accounts by using the # su - "user" command and it appeared to
> acknowledge the user accounts but didn't like the passwords.  Now this

> is where I get myself in real trouble.  I seen that someone else got
> it working properly by changing the default login manager from GDM to
> KDM by editing /etc/sysconfig/desktop and adding DISPLAYMANAGER="KDE".

> Big mistake.  Now I'm basically stuck because I'm not able to login as

> root and when I login with my local account I'm not able to make any
> changes because I somehow lack the proper permissions.  I tried using
> sudo to access the desktop file among others but that didn't work
> either.  I've done a google search and searched the archives but
> haven't found anything yet.  Please help!
>
> Amy Contreras

Hi Amy,

Have your tried ssh'ing into the server from another PC? Maybe as root
so that you can make the changes.

Ray