Re: [K12OSN] liberation-fonts instead of msttcorefonts?

Anyone who gets finicky about the layout of something in Word is being
silly, and I'll be happy to explain to them why they are. Word is not
a typesetting or desktop publishing program.

A real issue, though is how these equivalent fonts affect PDFs, which
should display exactly the same everywhere. If the font is embedded,
there is never a problem, but I have seen PDFs where the default Sans
font is not the same on different computers, and the layout of the PDF
got screwed up with letters overlapping or improperly kerned (is that
the correct term?).

Dan