Re: [K12OSN] Clean slate - k12LTSP small server planning

Robert Moskowitz wrote:
And I DO mean small server.

I ordered the 4 for 3 deal for the decTOP. I will toss in more memory into one of them, switch to a low power-usage notebook drive and find an external battery, drop K12LTSP on the box and presto, a portable Linux apps server.

I think the ethernet-over-USB1.1 is going to be a killer for this thing. It might make a small web server for something that doesn't need much bandwidth, and maybe NX with compression would make it usable as a client but there's not much else that doesn't need good network performance.

--
  Les Mikesell
    les futuresource com