[K12OSN] gnome desktop settings

I've been trying to find where the default desktop applications are located at
so that I can remove some applications from the desktop. The "Remove Icons
from all users desktop"  doesn't seem to be working so I want to go and do it
manually.

I thought it would be in /etc/skel/ area but I don't see anything. Online docs
says /usr/share/gnome but again I don't see anything.

Where are those settings?

Ray