[K12OSN] Open Office

Rob Owens rowens at bio-chemvalve.com
Thu Jun 7 19:32:29 UTC 2007

Give those kids a copy of OpenOffice for home!

In the meantime, they can download and install PDFCreator here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/

Then they can save their term paper as a pdf.  There are tools in Linux
to strip the text out of a pdf.  The command on my Ubuntu Feisty system
is pdftotext and it's part of a package called poppler-utils.

-Rob