[K12OSN] local usb card reader curiosity

Rob Owens rowens at ptd.net
Thu Jun 14 21:01:37 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 05:53:52PM +0530, Sudev Barar wrote:
> On 14/06/07, Rob Owens <rowens at bio-chemvalve.com> wrote:
> >Just to be clear, is that card reader working on a thin client?  Mine
> >works fine on a standalone linux box, but not on a thin client.
> >

> I do not have card reader but I'd think if usb-drive and usb-printer
> can work on thin client there should be a way out for card reader
> also???.

I would think so, too.  I had thought that this particular card reader
was causing trouble because it has multiple slots (so I think it would
show up in Windows, for instance, as G:, H:, I: -- if you had enough
cards inserted at the same time).  For some reason inserting the card is
not triggering the LTSP system to mount the device.  As I said
previously, re-plugging in the card reader does trigger LTSP to mount
the device.

-Rob