[K12OSN] Dell Optiplex 320 problems

Barry Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Fri Jun 15 02:24:27 UTC 2007

Tom,

I m sure you've looked into the BIOS for all options. Beings this is a
brand new box,I would doubt it,but does the bios have an option to do
INT18 or INT19?( Besides the selection of "network boot",,as your first
boot option).
What chipset does this DELL have?
I would guess it is dying due to the dhcpd-k12ltsp.conf file needs to be
hardcoded for this particular nic.
Try and add the e1000 module, specific,for this client to your
dhcpd-k12ltsp.conf and see if you gain any ground this way.

host ws001  {

,,,,,,
,,,,,,

option option-128 11:22:33:44:55:66;
option option-129 NIC="e1000";

}

Reboot client see what happens now

in a terminal do",,

tail -f /var/log/messages

Maybe You'll see something different anyways. Good Luck.

Take Care,

Barry Cisna