[K12OSN] HELP. Printer driver broken

Krsnendu dasa krsnendu108 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 16:10:37 UTC 2007

I had been having problems with a Brother MFC7420 printer. (The ppd
file provided by Brother had holes in it big enough to drive a truck
through.) It was printing most pages off to the right of the page.

So I thought "Let me try upgrading the driver from the Brother
website" So I downloaded and ran the .rpm file. Now when I try to
configure the printer I can't find it in the list of models!

I have lost my old configuration and now I have nothing. It seems I
should have somehow uninstalled the previous driver before installing
the new one.

Can someone guide me to which files need deleting so I can have a fresh start?

The brother website where the drivers reside is

http://solutions.brother.com/linux/en_us/index.html

Thanks,
Krsnendu dasa