[K12OSN] K12LTSP 'Greatest Hits' Live CD

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Thu Mar 1 16:38:29 UTC 2007

Gavin Spurgeon wrote:

>> ftp://val.deltacfax.com/pub/k12ltsp6-edubuntu-greatest-hits-livecd-0.1.iso
>>
>> That's hanging on a (nearly) dedicated T1, so it ought to be a little
>> faster access.
>>
>> I'll see if I can figure out how to seed a bit torrent.  Something new
>> for me.
>
> I will create the torrent if you like on http://linuxtracker.org/ , as
> soon as I get
> a copy of the iso. I already have an account and am Seeding quite a few
> torrents already..
>
> Best Regards
>

> Gavin Spurgeon

I'll be curious to hear what kind of download speeds people get using bittorrent.  BT
works well when many people are downloading a file, literally the more the merrier.  In
our case, we're a relatively small group so I wonder if the number of seeders will ever
reach a critical mass.  OTOH, if people outside this mailing list pick it up from
linuxtracker.org, that might make a difference.  I just don't know how many people will
be interested.

Petre